How are everyone’s homebrewed porters coming along for the Your Porter, Our Brewery Homebrew Contest? The folks down at Summer Sun Garden & Brew are waiting for your submission. Also, remember that we are throwing a judging party at the Fly Fisherman’s Lodge on the Bitterroot on the 28th. Bring yourself and a guest for good times, some beers, and sampling of dishes that will be served in the Lolo Peak Brewing taproom.
Imagine brewing your best Porter recipe in the brand new Lolo Peak Brewing Company brewhouse and having that beer on tap when we open the taproom doors in Spring 2014. That dream is now a possibility with this unique homebrew contest.
How do I enter?
Simple, bring your best homebrewed porter in four 12 oz. or two 22 oz. bottles to Summer Sun Garden & Brew (838 West Spruce Missoula, MT) by February 26th at 5 PM. Fill out an entry form. One entry per person.
Who can enter?
This competition is open to non-professional homebrewers. You must be 21 years of age or older to enter the contest.
Awards and Prizes
- The champion earns a day of brewing at Lolo Peak Brewing and having your porter on tap at Lolo Peak Brewing Company opening, Spring 2014.
- Two Runner-ups receive Lolo Peak Brewing shirts and printed pint glasses.
Porters judged by on the following criteria.
- Proper representation of Robust Porter style (BJCP 12B)
- Appearance, Aroma, and Flavor
- Potential to be brewed commercially
Drop off: Summer Sun Garden & Brew / 838 West Spruce / Missoula, MT
Deadline: February 19th